New to Forex?
Forex trading is all about identifying whether a certain country’s currency will increase or decrease in value in the global ﬁnancial markets. There are many ways to trade the Forex market. It can be traded fundamentally or technically, day-trading, scalping, swing trading, and long term. The value of currencies is influenced by economic factors, geo-political events, supply and demand, and market sentiment.
Why Trade Forex?
The Foreign Exchange (Forex) market has several characteristics which can make it popular among investors:
- Liquidity: The Forex market is one of the most liquid markets in the world. As a result it can offer low spreads, which means that even minimal market movements may present trading opportunities.
- Flexibility: The Forex market is an extremely accessible market that ﬁts around any trader’s daily routine. It is open 24-hours a day, 5 days a week, from Sunday at 5:00PM EST until Friday at 5:00PM EST.
- Leverage: The Forex market offers the ability to trade on leverage, meaning that traders have the ability to control a larger amount of money with a smaller investment. A high degree of leverage can result in substantial gains, as well as substantial losses.
- Freedom: The Forex market offers the freedom to trade anytime, anywhere with any web-enabled device.
- Opportunity: The Forex market can be traded in every market condition; opportunities can arise whether the value of a currency goes up or down.
Why do I need a broker?
Forex brokers are a bridge between the trader and the market. They enable access to the global currency market by providing traders with the necessary licensed trading software. Brokers also play a pivotal role in ensuring their clients have the necessary capital and risk management skills to trade Forex, and provide research tools and tutorials to enhance their understanding and decision making.
Alpari (US) Forex traders’ beneﬁt from:
- A competitive trading environment with low transactional costs, high-speed execution and leverage up to 50:1
- A full suite of trading platforms tailored for all experience, including the popular MetaTrader 4 and access to mobile trading applications
- Dedicated, multi-lingual support featuring a personalized Relationship Manager, 24-hour trade support, and live chat access
- Free research and analysis tools for live clients
Try Free DemoOpen Live Account